Personally, I find the Struts build files to be complex and confusing.
I've come to associate Maven with easy builds because building commons
components (including the distro, website, tests, etc) is a snap compared
to Struts.  I agree that storing jars in cvs isn't a good idea which is
why using Maven is so nice; it downloads the correct jars automatically.

Anything we can do to make the build more straightforward, whether it's
with Ant or Maven, is a good thing :-).

David