>>1:There is no overlap as there does not seem to be any development
>>going on about WorkFlow area in struts.

>I think you are correct; people seem to be gravitating to struts-workflow.

This makes my life easier now that I know there is no overlap.

>I'm not sure which of the above you'd like to resolve to make more
>planning.  I think (1) is a non-issue; (2) should be deferred until
>someone has a use-case for it, and (3) -- well, we're going to work
>on moving the commons-chain based request processor into the Struts
>core shortly after we deal with migrating Struts to a TLP.  But it
>works enough right now that you could probably begin exploring using
>it for Struts-Workflow.

My main confusion was about planning for next major release as it has to be inline
with Struts API.
So it looks like commons-chain based request processor is the way to go.

I will start work on it as soon as I am finished with migration of the
workflow-extension to source forge.

>I'm interested in both chain and workflow,
>so you might be able to con me into helping out a little bit 8^)

Joe, if you are interested you are more than welcome to join.Any helping hands are
more than welcome, especially since I have been tied with my current project for last
couple of months and have not been able to move forward the way I would have liked to.

I am in the process of deciding the roadmap/any missing features/enhancements.
One of the ideas I have picked up recently on this list was  from Craig's mail (about
continuation)
<snip>
The most important feature that [workflow] includes, but is not present in
[chain], is the idea that is formally known as a "continuation" -- you can
describe a single flow of commands that (if you're building a webapp) requires
more than one HTTP interaction with the client.
</snip>

So if we can extend the workflow extension to provide support to really define
reusable workflows(or continuations) which can be used like actionForwards
from struts actions, that will make the package really complete.

Shirish.