In the application I'm developing, I want to generate the contents of an
attribute tag dynamically.  I have a custom tag that I wrote that takes an
optional attribute named layoutName.  The tag works fine when I hard code
the attribute, however, when I try to pull the attribute from the request, I
run into trouble.  I get an error indicating "Attribute layout has no
value".  The following is the code that fails to work.  Has anyone made
something like this work in the past?  Any ideas?

<struts:ifParameterNotNull name="layout">
   <mytaglib:displayLayout layoutName="<%= request.getParameter("layout")
%>"/>
</struts:ifParameterNotNull>

Thanks,
Jason Winters