"Sayles, Scott SAXONHQ" wrote:

> I'm relatively new to Struts and MVC based architecture for Web
> applications.  What are the implications to using a single controlling
> servlet for a high volume site?  i.e. do I have to worry about performace in
> regards to using a single ActionServlet for all our requests?

Having one servlet versus many servlets, all other things being equal, will have
no performance impact one way or the other.  The single servlet instance is
accessed by multiple threads at the same time when there are multiple
simultaneous requests -- there is no contention (based on the existence of a
single servlet) unless you implement SingleThreadModel in your servlet, which is
a VERY bad idea.

> Thanks
>
> Scott

Craig McClanahan