You'd need to track whether the form is all the way done or in progress,
depending on which screen of the wizard the user has completed.  Either
explicitly, as a form property that gets set by the Action, or implicitly,
perhaps using a custom ActionMapping property (the latter makes it easier to
introduce new pages, IMO, since you can define it as part of your
struts-config.xml). As long as there still screens to do, the form's
validate() method would always return true. Only when the user has finished
all the screens do you actually check the form content as appropriate.

Ditto for the action, assuming you're using a single Action for the entire
sequence.

The only problem with deferring validation until the wizard is complete is
that it's harder to return the user to the particular page associated with
the bad input.

pete