Ya, I kind of phrased it poorly.  I had been doing this with a bunch
of servlets that called request.getParameter in a loop.  In that
situation, I had a bunch of form parameters like this:

Zoo1Animal1
Zoo1Animal2
Zoo1Animal3
Zoo2Animal1
Zoo2Animal2

But I want to switch over to JSP (and struts) to clean things up a bit.

I was looking for the best way to get these into a bean (since a
simple setProperty * doesn't do this kind of stuff) and I didn't want
to define fields in the bean like "Zoo1Animal1" because that seems
really dirty to me.  I don't think the whole "iterate" thing is
relevant...isn't that just for output?

The way that I believe I have found to be best (I haven't tested it
yet and it's fairly undocumented) is to create a bean with an array
of different beans property such as "AnimalForm[] Zoos" and then in the
other bean (AnimalForm) have an array of strings property such as
"String[] Animals".  Then, I set up my jsp page to have form inputs
such as:

<form:text property="zoos[1].animal[1]">

Does this sound reasonable?  Will it work?

thanks,
eric.

--
 _____  _