Marcel,

It's true that they serve the same function and contain similar things.  The
file action.xml with its format belongs to the 0.5 release, and
struts-config.xml is the name for 1.0.  You only need one or the other,
depending on the version of Struts you are using.

About a month ago, the decision was made to make a backwardly incompatible
change to the action mappings descriptor action.xml to a new format named
struts-config.xml.  The reason, as I recall, had to do with separating out the
entries for form beans and action mappings to provide for future automatic form
bean generation from the form bean entries.

I'm just beginning to upgrade my first simple Struts apps from 0.5 to a 1.0
nightly build, so I'm still learning the differences.

Larry

Marcel Ruff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 11/08/2000 01:30:10 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]