From: Incze Lajos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 2:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: File upload taglib doesn't compile under tomcat 3.2

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 04:34:03PM -0500, Schachter, Michael wrote:
> Oh, and getTempDir() is in ActionServlet, no 2.3 stuff in there to my
> knowledge.

Don't know, but neither ActionServlet contains this method nor
any of it's ancestors (in 2.2/1.1). That's why I thought that
this build was tested in a next gen environment.         incze

The offending code snippet is here:
---

        //get a handle to some temporary file and open
        //a stream to it
        String tempDir = servlet.getTempDir();
        if (tempDir == null) {
            tempDir = System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir");
        }

---

where "servlet" is an instance of ActionServlet.
                                                             incze