Hi

I support most of the points raised by Matthias, as I encountered the same
problems/interrogations. And everyone who have tried to extend Struts tags
or implement forms created by designers have surely encountered them...

> Automatic bean creation !
> Multiple select
> form-tags and nested properties !
> name attribute in form tags !!
If version 1.0 has to be incompatible with version 0.5, now is the time to
take that sort of decision

> Generating id= in the html output !
> form "method=get" will not work in every container
> styleClass attribute !

> (defaults) values in form tags !
I don't apply totally for this one as I don't want to have localised values
stored in forms, even initializations.

> code bloat due to unneccessary extension of BodySupport !!

> tags that work with collection of presentation things !
I would add that the <errors> tag can't be used due to bad design. Solutions
have been suggested for the past months...

> Standard HTML attributes !!
>
> Matthias

Pierre Métras