[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm getting weird behaviour with my struts code, and with the example
> application.
>
> Currently I've got Tomcat 3.2b6 running, with the latest nightly build of
> struts (17-11-2000, that's the 17th November, 2000) and the examples,
> documentation and test data all run. (Which I must say, took a very
> long time to get a configuration other then a standard install right.)
>
> JDK 1.3, Solaris7 ... all the latest patches.
>
> (On a side note, I don't think tomcat loads .war files unless then are
> in the $TOMCAT/webapps directory and the AutoLoad interceptor
> is turned on.)
>
> I have virtual hosts set up, and contexts usually set as something sensible
> (usually /context). I've got Apache web server and mod_jk.
>
> I've found that after loading about 2 or 3 pages from the example, or my
> own (three page) application, pages start coming out of order, just
> by clicking on links or submitting forms. The weirdest behaviour is when
> I might be viewing the documentation on one virtual host and context, and a
> page from my example application (on a different virtual host and context)
> will appear in its place. Or the example application will appear instead
> of my application.
>
> It's not the browser because I have the cache set to zero, and for it to
> compare the document on the network to local every time.
>
> Anyone seen similar?
>

> --
> Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
> for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML
> http://www.cyber4.org/kumera/index.html

Hi

Once during testing I noticed that pages seemed to be served at random..
Then I shut down httpd and then shut down tomcat.
Thereafter I restarted tomcat and then restarted htttpd.
Then everything worked.

So I've concluded that when I want to restart tomcat, I've to
first stop httpd, then tomcat, then start tomcat and then start httpd.

I'm not sure if I should restart tomcat when I just want to restart httpd.

Alf Hogemark