"Jones, Dean" wrote:

> Is there a universal definition of ``Logged On'' ???
> In J2EE there is,  but is not fully supported everywhere.
>
> Dean

Yep ... that is the issue.  For this particular application, "logged on" means
the presence of a particular session attribute, of a particular class, under a
particular key.  None of that seems really amenable to "standardization" by
making it a core tag.

In addition, if we were using container-managed security we wouldn't need such a
tag at all -- the servlet container would be preventing access to these pages
unless the user had successfully authenticated themselves and had appropriate
permissions.

Craig McClanahan