I've seen that on the mailing-list that
Schachter, Michael and Sayles, Scott has had a small discussion
about performance when uploading files.

Today I've tested the upload package for the first time.
I have a .jsp page with a <form:file> tag.
In my ActionForm class I have the two methods FormFile getFile
and setFile(FormFile file)
And in my Action I just do a file.getFileName() and file.getFileSize().

This works fine for small files (example 2 kb)

I use Apache 1.3.14, Tomcat 3.2b7 and Struts 2000-11-22
My machine is a PIII-600

Here is my performance
100 kb - 5-10 seconds
180 kb - 35-60 seconds
220 kb - 70 seconds
5000 kb - more than 30 minuts, didn't bother to wait more

So my question is anyone else has observed performance problems ?
Any suggestions ?
Or is this a problem with Tomcat ?

There should be no need for me to bother about
MultipartRequestHandler, MultipartIterator and MultipartElement, right ?
I should just use the FormFile interface and get/setFile methods
in my form ?

What's the init param in web.xml called that governs where the
temporary files are put ?

It was very easy to get upload of files to work using the struts.upload.
Now I only hope the performance problem will be fixed..

Regards
Alf Hogemark