> declaring an Action like:
>
>     <action    path="/logon"
>                type="action.LogonAction"
>                name="logonForm"
>  ---->        input="/Logon.html"
> <<------------
>                scope="request"
>                validate="true">
>       <forward name="success"     path="/showShops.do" />
>     </action>
>
> I'm getting a servlet exception and as a result the Logon.html file is
> overwritten
> (the file itself is still there but the content is gone).
> If I specify (instead of the extension .html) "/Logon.jsp" it works as
> expected.

What servlet container (aned version) are you using?  It may be that there are
problems doing a RequestDispatcher.forward() to a static resource.  Could you
also post the stack trace that you get?

> Just wondering:
> In the code of ActionServlet I've noticed that the access to the actions
> member in the method processActionCreate
> (in the try - block) is not synchronized.

Currently, "actions" is implemented as a Hashtable, which guarantees thread safe
behavior for you without having to synchronize at the application level.

This would be safe even if a HashMap were used, as long as no thread was
modifying the underlying collection while the ActionServlet was running.

> FM

Craig