Ray Power wrote:

> > Also, the Serializable restriction when you specify
> > <distributable/> relates to
> > *session* attributes, not *context* attributes.  Requiring
> > context attributes to
> > be serializable is a platform-specific restriction that WebLogic
>
> Craig,
>
> Just to clarify; when you mention " *context* attributes ", you are refering
> to application wide attributes?

Yes.  To be specific, by "context attributes" I mean servlet context attributes
that are accessed from a servlet like this:

    getServletContext().getAttribute("foo", myObject);

or from a JSP page like this:

    <jsp:useBean id="xxx" class="yyy" scope="application" ... />

This contrasts with session attributes -- those you attach to your HttpSession.

> Ray

Craig