I think I have found a problem in the <bean:struts ...> tag. When I try to
use it to access an ActionFormBean defined in struts-config.xml I get the
error :-

javax.servlet.ServletException: No Struts internal object named
myActionFormBean is available
        at
l.java:459)
etc

I'm running Struts-20001209 on Tomcat 3.2 beta 8 under NT4.

The problem appears to be that the line :-

ActionFormBeans collection = (ActionFormBeans)
                pageContext.getAttribute(Action.FORM_BEANS_KEY);

returns null because the ActionFormBeans collection is stored in the
application scope not the page scope. If I change this to :-

ActionFormBeans collection = (ActionFormBeans)
                pageContext.getAttribute(Action.FORM_BEANS_KEY,
                PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);

the tag works correctly. Can this be fixed, please?

Howard Moore
Senior Software Engineer
Datapulse CTI
Tel : +44 (0)1491 418000
Fax : +44 (0)1491 411459
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses.