Of course!  I forgot that each form has its own action url.  Thanks Pierre.

- Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre Métras [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 11:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: multiple forms on an input page

Hi Mark,

> How do you handle the situation where I have multiple forms on one input
> page?
>
> The docs are geared toward a one-to-one relationship between form and form
> bean.  I also saw a suggestion on handling cases where a form spans
multiple
> pages.
>
> Is it necessarily bad practice to combine multiple forms on a page?  I
> probably could avoid it but I'm sure I've seen systems that do this so I
> want to know how you can deal with it using Struts.

Why should multiple forms on a single page be a problem with Struts? You can
put all the forms you want in a page, even if the common use is a one-one
relationship.

(1) Either they refer to different actions, and you have code like the
following:

        <form:form name="form1" action="action1.do"
type="my.app.actionForm1">
            ... form1
        </form>
        <form:form name="form2" action="action2.do"
type="my.app.actionForm2">
            ... form2
        </form>

with a corresponding struts-config.xml to manage the two actions, eventually
returning back to the same page to let the user select the other action:
    <action     path="/action1"
                    type="my.app.actionForm1"
                    name="form1">
      <forward name="result"          path="/thePage.jsp" />
    </action>

    <action     path="/action2"
                    type="my.app.actionForm2"
                    name="form1">
      <forward name="result"          path="/thePage.jsp" />
    </action>

(2) Either they refer to the same action, and the previous case is seen as a
particular case...

Pierre Métras