Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

In web.xml I have:

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>database</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.example.DatabaseServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

In struts-config.xml I have:

<data-source
     autoCommit="false"
    description="Example Data Source Configuration"
    driverClass="org.postgresql.Driver"
       maxCount="4"
       minCount="2"
       password="password"
            url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/galacy"
           user="galacy"
  />

I know that my postgresql.jar is OK and have tried a connection successfully
with the jdbc URL above.

When I go to localhost/struts-example I get:

ERROR: User database not loaded -- check servlet container logs for error
messages

What's weird is that since I have debug=2 I should see some log() statements
about connecting to PostgreSQL. I get nothing in my log. The only thing I
see on my console is:

New org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource
Set org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource properties
Call
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.setDataSource(GenericDataSource[activ
eCount=0, autoCommit=false, closed=false, description=Example Data Source
Configuration, driverClass=org.postgresql.Driver, loginTimeout=0,
maxCount=4, minCount=2, password=password, readOnly=false,
url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/galacy, useCount=0, user=galacy])
Pop org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource

Any ideas?

Thanks.