On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Ted Husted wrote:

> I'm thinking that the Action could grab a connection from the pool, and
> generate a statement based on the bean's query string, store the result
> in the bean's ResultSet, punch the rows we need into the collection,
> and foward it on to the form, where the interate tag could run it
> through the iterate tag.

 So can you clone a ResultSet? The last time I looked into this I found
that you have to maintain the Connection you used to obtain a ResultSet
until you've finished iterating through it. If you close the connection,
you lose the ResultSet. If you can clone a ResultSet, close the
connection, and then later iterate the cloned ResultSet, I'd sure like to
see how to do that.

 In lieu of cloning, I store a ResultSet in another object and then pass
this new object along by firing an event. Problem is, my formulation is
not a generic solution. But it does have the advantage that I can return
the connection to the pool sooner and it confines connection handling to
one method.