Mike Campbell wrote:

Is there some reason for the name "validate" in the web.xml file to indicate using the "new" format vs. the old?  Is there more to it than that, because I can't grasp how the term "validate" relates to deciding which version/DTD of the configuration file to use.

It was probably not a particularly enlightened choice of variable name :-)

The motivation is that a validating XML parse is performed on the new struts-config.xml file, while a non-validating parse is done on the old format (because there was no DTD for it).

Oh well, we only need to deal with this for 1.0 -- in 1.1 we can clean up all the cruft from pre-1.0 days.

Thanks

Mike Campbell        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Craig