Hi,

I currently have a model-1 web application
ie in which the .jsp pages are responsible
for invoking the business logic.

I am planning to move the webapp to struts,
for all the obvious and traditional reasons.
However, there is one nice feature of the
current code that I can't see how to perform
inside an MVC framework like struts:

On submitting a particular form, there is a
sequence of 4 operations to perform, each of
which takes somewhere between 5 and 30
seconds to perform. Currently, what is done is
to generate an almost complete HTML page,
and force it to be flushed to the browser; as
each long-duration step starts and completes,
a fragment of page containing CSS-positioned
html/ javascript is flushed to the browser. The
effect is very nice - a list of the steps appears
on the screen, an hourglass appears next to
each step as it starts, and a tick or error message
appears next to each one as it completes.

Does anyone have any idea how to generate the
same sort of effect (essentially alternating between
business logic and presentation output) in struts?

Thanks in advance,

Simon