hello,

i've run into a snag using the <bean:write ... /> tag in jrun 3.0 sp1.

when i set the ignore attribute to true i get a servlet error from jrun that
there's no method matching setIgnore(java.lang.String) in the write tag.

so i looked at the source of the servlet that jrun compiled from my jsp, and
sure enough, it had a call like this: tag.setIgnore("true");

of course this fails since the method signature of setIgnore takes a native
boolean.

when i run the same page on tomcat, jasper compiles the same thing to:
tag.setIgnore(true); which is correct (at least it works!).

which compiler is right by the spec? tomcat or jrun?  it looks like tomcat
is introspecting the tag to see what the method signature is, and doing the
"true" -> true translation for me.

i'm just curious if the jrun compiler is just lazy, or if the struts tags
have been written to take advantage of some tomcat "magic" that seems to be
affecting their portability?

forgive me if this topic has been discussed before, i forgot where the
archive was, and wasn't able to search for this issue.

thanks for any insight.

cheerio,
chris

| chris wilson || web dev ||| [EMAIL PROTECTED] || | www.wondergeek.com |