"Laufer, Michael" wrote:

Hi,

I've just downloaded Struts version 1.0 and face the following problem while trying to run the template-example.
I've programmed already almost half a year with Struts 0.5, but I'm not familiar with the following error.
Am I making something terribly wrong, or is it a simple missconfiguration ?

The problem sounds like it is actually in your web.xml file (perhaps the <welcome-file-list> element is in the wrong place?).  The JSP page compiler reads web.xml as it compiles pages, and it uses a validating XML parser -- so the web.xml file must conform to the DTD requirements for element ordering.

Also, you don't say whether this is Tomcat 3.1 or 3.2 -- you should be advised that Tomcat 3.1 has a number of significant problems that affect use of Struts 1.0, and it is *not* a recommended platform.  If you are using 3.1, I suggest that you upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Michael

Craig McClanahan