        From: "Randall, Craig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Deploying Struts on iPlanet 4.1 - any successes?

        I've searched for "iPlanet" on the Struts mail list archive (), and
based on
        the few (17) hits, I wanted to verify explicitly with this group whether
or
        not anyone else has successfully deployed a web application on this
server.
        Has anyone?

        Although 4.1 is touted to support JSP 1.1/Servlet 2.2, I see no support
for
        WAR files! I'm trying to map configuration files on my Solaris 2.7
        installation of iPlanet 4.1, and believe that following to be true:
                - /usr/iplanet4.1/https-admserv/config/contexts.properties
                        - this is where "/<app-built-on-struts>" goes (i.e. the
        context name
                          declaration/configuration)
                                - classpath specification (since there is no
        implicit spec based
                                  on WEB-INF...)
                                - session configuration, encoding configuration,
        etc.
                - /usr/iplanet4.1/https-admserv/config/servlets.properties
                        - this is where the equivalent of <servlet> elements in
        web.xml
                          goes, where an association is made to the proper