> The technical reason this happens is that RequestDispatcher.forward() (or
> <jsp:forward>) happens only on the server side -- the browser has no clue
what
> is going on, and only displays the URL it submitted to -- not the URL of
the
> page you called to create the response.

As a Lurker hoping to add his application framework to Struts...

I separate doGet() and doPost() requests so that doGets use forward() and
doPosts use redirects. I would like to hear why Struts decided to use
forward exclusively. On a tangent, I would also like to hear why Struts maps
actions at the form level rather than the input level as in traditional cgi
programs.

thanks,

George Lessmann

Ponvia Technology, Inc