You get this problem when one of your class files is compiled vs a
different library than you are running with. Make sure you are compiling
with the same classpath as you are running with. I had problems like this
for awhile so I wrote a script to pass ant the classpath taken from my lib
folder of my webapp. Its short so i just copy-pasted it here in case anyone
wants it. Also you might try doing a clean rebuild(that is delete all the
class files and recompile everthing) sometimes dependent classfiles don't
get recompiled causing this problem.

#!/bin/sh

CP=
for file in `ls lib`