These items are on the TODO list for the 1.1 timeframe.

+ Client Side Validation. Add the ability to automatically generate
optional JavaScript code to perform client-side validations for things
like required fields, numeric fields, dates/times/timestamps, and so
on. The required validation should mesh with validation enhancements
provided in the controller servlet itself.

 + Standard Validations. Add the ability to configure standard
validations on particular properties to be enforced by the controller
servlet automatically. Where feasible, client-side JavaScript
validations may also be generated based on the same configuration
rules.

On 2/5/2001 at 6:07 PM Jim Richards wrote:

>>Has anyone thought about adding data validation tags to the Struts
taglibs?

>This came up quite some time ago. I have a requirement for this sort
>of thing, and posted a library with example for doing validation
>(not sure where it is now).
>
>It work on the client side in JavaScript and you specify the
>function you want to use for validation, and the message
>to display, it piles them all up and displays it in a window.alert()
>with all the errors, and jumps to the first field with the
>error. It mostly works as there are some freaky things with hidden
>fields it doesn't like.

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/