Well,
    My luck hasn't changed. I build struts from source this morning.
    I plopped the struts-example.war into my
wlserver6.0/config/mydomain/applications dir. WLS read the war file automatically
but this is what I get when accessing "localhost:7001/struts-example/index.jsp".

john

<Feb 6, 2001 10:54:28 AM MST> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(3003491,struts-example)] Could not deserialize context
attribute
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1148)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1841)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:480)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1214)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.AttributeWrapper.getObject(AttributeWrapper.java:71)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.getAttribute(WebAppServletContext.java:211)

        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.getAttribute(PageContextImpl.java:164)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:229)
        at jsp_servlet._index._jspService(_index.java:107)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:208)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:244)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:1127)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:1529)

        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

<Feb 6, 2001 10:54:28 AM MST> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(3003491,struts-example)] Root cause of Ser
vletException
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing resources attribute
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:232)