Yes, I am in support of having a boolean option to select the desired
behavior.

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 12:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: html:password

Maya Muchnik wrote:

> I have seen the similar behavior for edit option. The form
(struts-example) does
> not display "*", but it does not require to re-enter password again
either.

This behavior was changed due to concerns about the fact that the old
password would
appear (in the HTML source) when you were on the login page and -- for
example --
mistyped by one character your actual password.  A hacker who saw the
incorrect value
is a lot closer to guessing the right one.

Would it make sense to have a boolean option to "have it your way" on this?

Craig