Jonathan Carlson wrote:
> Are there a lot of Struts users using major Turbine components like the user
> access control module?  If so, is it 2% 50% or 90%?  In other words, how
> compatible are they really?  I checked the archives but didn't see much that
> answered this question.
>
> What I'm really getting at is that I don't see much on either the Struts web
> site or the Turbine site that refers to each other.  Considering they are
> both Apache projects, the perceived silence about each other makes me kind
> of nervous.

Since technologies on many of the Jakarta products are starting to
overlap, we are discussing a component sharing library on the General
list. This would make it much easier for Jakarta products (as well as
others) to share individual components. Right now, a lot of the pieces
of an individual product depend on several other pieces, which makes it
difficult to take the banana without getting the whole gorilla. If you
have an interest in this sort of thing, see
< http://husted.com/about/jakarta/library.html >

Turbine is very results-orientated, and is a good choice for advanced
developers looking for a high-performance, omnibus solution.

Struts is very standards-orientated, and is a good choice for enterprise
developers looking for something that will fit well with their own big
picture.

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/