Title: Problems with the Cookie-tag ...

Hi,

I've a couple of essential questions about using the cookie-tag of
'struts-bean.tld'.
My following tag

<bean:cookie id="cookie" name="userCategory"/>

throws always a request time exception while not having a cookie with the specified name.
That's exactly the behaviour which is announced in the docu. But the docu talks also about an attribute
called 'value' with the purpose of being a default-value if no cookie can be retrieved with the specified name.
But in the 'struts-bean.tld' this attribute isn't mentioned.
So, now I'm  little bit confused, about

Am I using the correct struts-version? I use 1.0.

Documents the docu features which aren't implemented right now?

Is there any convenient workaround ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael