Christian Billen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run the struts-example.war from the 20010216 nightly build in
> my tomcat 3.2.1
>
> On initialization I can see it initializing properly (reading User from xml
> file and all) and I can even bring the main page in the browser
> http://localhost/struts-example
>
> If I try to click the Register link in the example app: (which does
> http://localhost/struts-example/editRegistration.do?action=Create)
>
> I get a nice 500 error and a stack trace:
>
> Error: 500
> Location: /struts-example/editRegistration.do
> Internal Servlet Error:
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.servlet.ServletException

Could you double check that there is no "servlet.jar" or "jsdk.jar" file on your
class path (except for the one that the Tomcat startup script adds), or in your
system extensions directory ($JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext)?  This sounds like a class
versioning conflict inside of Tomcat.

If it is not this situation, please post a bug in our bug tracking system at:

    http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

Craig McClanahan