Hello,
  I've tried unsuccessfully to get Struts to work on the form.  I'm trying
to build.  I'm probably missing something very fundamental with Struts.

Any help would be appreciated.  Here is the setup.

I have a form bean called EditForm.  I'd like to get a user-editable form
but with the values pre-filled.  So what I do is carry over an attribute
from the Action class that precedes the form.  It's basically a simple
search, which works fine, that returns the results of the search.  But
instead of static text, the results are presented in a text boxes or
selects.  These fields are inside the EditForm which includes an update
button.  The problem I am having occurs in that the bean that is returned
from the search has properties that are objects.  For these properties, I
would like the user to view and then to update the identity field of that
property.  I hope this is clear.  If anybody is willing to help me, I can
provide more information.  Or is anybody has done something similar and can
show me the light or some sample code, that would be great.  I'm at an
impasse and am not sure where to go from here.
Thanks.