And all the necessary *.tlds are in .../WEB-INF right? If you continue to
have problems you may want to try leaving the archive expanded, and adding
two entries to the WL classpath: struts.jar and the path to the .../classes
directory. You also need to update WL.properties to point to the directory
of the app instead of the war.  I know that this is not desirable, putting
struts.jar in the classpath, but the WL classpath (and classloader) is
different and I have found this is needed to get things to work if you try
to deploy an expanded archive. Not exactly a good answer, but it might allow
you to continue with development.

There are some issues with a few of the tags and WL that involve URL
encoding, so if you are trying to use one of these tags you will have
problems. You can see which ones these are by running the struts test app.
But I think this results in a different error.