Hello,

Does anyone have suggestions about how to test the user interface of
a Struts application before the backend (Action and ActionForm)'s have been
implemented?

I'm having trouble separating development of the UI from the backend.  It
seems like we spend too much time going back and forth trying to get the
jsp and all the Struts tags to interact well with the Action's.  Sometimes
the UI is unstable or untestable until something on the backend is fixed.  I
think my development process is broken...

xmlc from Enhydra (enhydra.org) was one approach I looked at, and I like
the concept of mocking up the entire site up in html before code is
written.  We have found that use tests can lead to major re-designs of
the backend (especially when the use tests are conducted by clients).
Ideally, I'd have the UI and the backend be two separate, independently
functioning units that can implemented and tested at different times by
different groups and plugged together.

Do I need to create Action and ActionForm stubs to use for testing?  Is
there something that could be integrated into Struts to help with this?
Maybe have a setting in struts-config.xml that allows jsp's to run even
if there are errors in Struts tags (beans not found, etc.)?
Or, am I just going about this all wrong?

Thanks so much,

Zach