Here is some input from someone who started using
struts from scratch a week ago. So it might be valuable.

In a book on struts, I think it would be really good to
emphasize on the 'why' and not only on the 'how'.

What I find with a lot of information and examples on
the struts site is that there is a lot of information on
how to do certain things (with a lot of examples) which is
pretty good. But because there is a lack of explaining 'why'
things work the way they work, it is not always easy to go
beyond functionality that is used in the examples. Simply
because the user is not always informed on why the things
work the way they work.

Martijn

Martijn Spronk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]