You can see examples for this message in ApplicationResourses.properties file. A parameter is passing as {0} for the one parameter. Also see some source code in XxxxAction.java how to pass a message with a parameter.

Dileep John wrote:

hi
any one know to set parameterised error messages using  struts.
At present  I am able to set  the error messages  like the
"username already exists" by using  the property file.
But I need to  display  " username Dileep already exists". ie I need
to pass parameter in the error message. Is that possible? any one can help me?
thank you
dileep