On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Anderson, Jessica wrote:

> I am still trying to troubleshoot this problem, and therefore, I still need
> assistance.

I did some spelunking in the Tomcat 3.2.1 source code.  The "unsafe
path" error is issued in the following circumstances:

* File.getCanonicalPath() returns an IOException
  (which would typically be caused by an invalid
  pathname for your operating system.

* You are using a different case than the file itself
  really is (for example "x.JSP" instead of "x.jsp").
  This is specific to Windows and other platforms
  that are not natively case sensitive.

Jessica, how is the <Context> entry for your webapp set up in server.xml?

Craig