I experienced the same problem with Weblogic 5.1 sp8.  To fix it, I
increased the initial heap and maximum heap size arguments for the Java VM
in the Weblogic server startup BAT file to:

-ms256m -mx256m

This may be overkill for your situation, but it should work.

                    "Kurt Olsen"

                    <kolsen@get2h        To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    awaii.com>           cc:     (bcc: Todd Malvoso/GRS/GRN)

                                         Subject:     500 lines of jsp is 10k lines of
java
                    03/19/01

                    01:03 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    struts-user

Hi everybody,

I'm fighting a problem whereby the java code generated by a 500 line jsp
file is so large (10,200) lines that a try/catch block contains so much
code
that the file won't compile, giving a msg saying something like 'jump
target
out of range'...

Surely I'm not the first to deal with this (and it's a real show-stopper).
Anybody know a way to deal with this (other that hand editing the
source-code)?

This isn't a struts problem per-se but it's being interpreted that way by
the powers that be where I work. Not good!

Later,
Kurt