Thank you for your reply, but this didn't really answer my question.  Let me
rephrase.  I am talking about <jsp:include/>, which is a dynamic templating
mechanism, as opposed to <%@ include %>, which is static.  As I understand it:

<jsp:include/> and <struts-template:*/> are both dynamic templating mechanisms
-- they are re-evaluated at runtime whenever referenced.  They allow you to
create a template with placeholders for dynamic values which you will supply at
runtime.  This is where they are similar.  What I'm interested in hearing is
how they differ.

I assume that struts-template offers some improvement over jsp:include,
otherwise it serves no purpose.  So my question is, what does struts-template
offer as an improvement over jsp:include?  The answer may be as simple as "it
provides a consistent and readable syntax", or it may be more substantial.

Thank you,

Jim Newsham