On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Derek Harding wrote:

> I was wondering how to retain a reference to the first object created with
> the Digester.  I don't quite understand the user's guide.  It says to push
> the object onto the stack before parseing.  When I do this I get an End
> event threw exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodException.  Any ideas?

Struts itself does this when it parses the struts-config.xml file.  Check
out the initDigester() method, where you will see the following statement:

    digester.push(this);

before the parse() method is called.  This pushes the controller servlet
instance itself onto the stack so that its methods like addMapping() and
addDataSource() can be called.

Craig