We've done this (and it works) :

        <jsp:useBean id="search" scope="request" type="xxx.xxx.ourBean"/>
      <bean:define id="myCollection" name="search" property="ourList"
scope="request"/>
labelProperty="description"/>

where ourBean is a bean which has got a ourList property :
        private Vector ourList;
        public Vector getOurList() {

        return this.ourList;

        }
ourList is a vector of objects which countain :
    private String code;
    private String description;
    public String getCode(){
        return code;
    }
    public String getDescription(){
        return description;
    }

This way we get a combo-box where the lines contain the descriptions.

You'll have to adapt it a bit but I hope it helps you.

Annick Naranjo Sanchez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]