Question about the following code in EditRegistrationAction:

   // Populate the user registration form
   if (form == null) {
           if (servlet.getDebug() >= 1)
               servlet.log(" Creating new RegistrationForm bean under key "
                           + mapping.getAttribute());
       form = new RegistrationForm();
           if ("request".equals(mapping.getScope()))
               request.setAttribute(mapping.getAttribute(), form);
           else
               session.setAttribute(mapping.getAttribute(), form);
   }

Is this code ever really executed? My testing from my own app indicates
that, even with the ActionMapping's "validate=false", and even with a
link directly to the action without any form submission, STILL, there is
a construction of an empty ActionForm, and it is passed to the
process()'s "form" parameter. So the above code doesn't look like it
ever executes. Am I off base here?

Thanks,
Bryan