To access EJBs in your Action do a GetAttribute on the HttpSession ( eg
request.getSession().getAttribute("userinfo"); ).

1. If the return is null then this indicates it is the first time for this
HttpSession, so do a lookup for the relevant ejb. When you
have a reference to it do a SetAttribute on the HttpSession (eg
request.getSession().setAttribute("servers", servers); )
2. If the return is not null you have the reference to the ejb.

Note the key here is that every client/user has has a unique HttpSession associated
with it, via a unique session id. I think
that's what you are getting confused about. So you can use to this HttpSession to
store information for this user  which you can
access across more than one page request.

Hope that helps,

Menno