Mark,

One scenario would be when I'm doing some prototyping and I don't want to necessarily
setup an ActionServlet to do some quick form designs etc. I might however, want to
quickly play around with the page parameters using a properties file.

This is in fact the scenario in which I find myself right now. I'm POC'ing a
template-based framework and I wanted to do a few screen prototypes but couldn't get
the properties file stuff to work, hence my initial note. I didn't want to implement a
separate solution as you
suggested I should do before I could determine whether or not something existed within
Struts to do the same.

Thanks nonetheless for the responses.

- Darryl