Title: RE: Problems in setting up Weblogic5.1 + SP8 + Jakarta-Struts

Struts with Weblogic 5.1 SP8 on NT or Unix (Linux or Solaris) can be set up as follows:

1.  Make sure that struts.jar is NOT in your classpath or your JRE ext directory.

2.  Copy struts.jar to the WEB-INF/lib directory of your web app.

3.  Add the following to your web.xml:
        <context-param>
                <param-name>weblogic.jsp.precompile</param-name>
                <param-value>true</param-value>
        </context-param>

4.  Make sure that the load order for the servlets defined in web.xml is set.  IE:
        <servlet>
                .
                . (other stuff here)
                .