Your application's web.xml file (probably in your WEB-INF directory) should
include a <servlet> tag that defines and configures the ActionServlet.  Part
of that is something like:

<init-param>
  <param-name>application</param-name>
  <param-value>com.yourdomain.yourpackage.Resources</param-value>
</init-param>

This is used to find the messages file, which in this case would be the file
at:

WEB-INF/classes/com/yourdomain/yourpackage/Resources.properties

Scott