On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Menno M Jansz wrote:

> 09/04/2001 13:39:53, "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >There's no current support for something like this, but it would be
> >interesting to consider.  Are you thinking that there would be an applet
> >for each field, or one for the entire form?
> >

> We are about to start on this, and currently plan to do an applet per field, using
>infobus for
> communication between them when required. This allows the most flexibility for the
>client to
> rearrange things. However at the moment our use of Struts is on hold due to company
>policy on
> open-source, which we are still trying to overcome. So unfortunately we have to
>progress without
> Struts for the moment.

So I guess that means that Linux, Apache, sendmail, bind (the Unix utility
that provides DNS services for almost every Unix application), and a whole
bunch of other useful stuff are out as well ...

You might ask your staff to look inside the "commercial" pacakges they are
using - they would probably be fascinated to find that the web server
inside IBM's WebSphere is actually Apache (for example).

> Regards,
> Menno

Craig McClanahan