I have been very pleased with the Struts framework.  I'm sure this issue has
been dealt with, I'm just not sure how to approach it.

When I leave my database pooled connections open for long periods of time,
there is a possibility that the server will reset.  When this happens, my
database driver keeps the connections open.  If I restart tomcat, I get an
exception regarding the open pooled connection that's already established.
If I kill the java process, I can start up normally.

On Win2k, I can get rid of the startup error completely by making the
minimum number of connections zero.  On FreeBSD, it gets more complicated. I
have not found a way to reliably start up tomcat like I can on Win2k.

Any ideas?  Here's the database portion of my struts-config.xml:

 <data-sources>
  <data-source
   autoCommit="false"
   description="Interbase Data Source"
   driverClass="interbase.interclient.Driver"
   maxCount="4"
   minCount="0"
   url="jdbc:interbase://path/to/database"
   user="username"
   password="password"
  />
 </data-sources>

Anthony

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.