I am not sure if u can, since actionmapping is a protected variable in
ActionServlet. Storing it in session will result in bloating the session
unnecessary, if u store it in application context, I do not think you can
get access to the application context in HttpSessionBindingEvent. You
might want to consider a kludge such as using a singleton to access the
the actionmapping & extending ActionServlet.
If number of sessions & memory is not an issue for you, then you could
consider putting it in the session