From: Cedric Dumoulin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: April 20, 2001 9:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Error in comps-tutorial.war (Struts + Components + Orion)

  I think this problem comes from Orion. I have waste more than 1 hour to
let
Struts and Components run on Orion, because of parsing validation errors.
Finally, I have solve this issue with a hack : I have removed validating DTD
from struts-config.xml (remove tag <!DOCTYPE  ...>). After that, I got some
warning at initialization, but all seem to work fine.
  May be you can try the same ...
  All seem to work fine with my Orion server settings, even incriminated
pages.

  Cedric

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Cedric,
>
> Thanks for your quick fix! I can test Components with Orion now
> (comps-tutorial).  It looks great! However, I got the following error from
> several links (e.g. Language -> Francis, Main Menu -> Dynamic Definition,
> etc.).  I'm not sure whether this error is from my Orion's settings or my
> environment settings.  Would you mind to shed some lights on this for me?
>
> =====
> Error
> =====
> 500 Internal Server Error
> java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: jndi
>         at
> org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.resolveEntity(Digester.java:581)
>         at
> com.sun.xml.parser.ExternalEntity.getInputSource(ExternalEntity.java:46)
>         at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.pushReader(Parser.java:2768)
>         at
> com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.externalParameterEntity(Parser.java:2504)
>         at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeDoctypeDecl(Parser.java:1137)
>         at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(Parser.java:481)
>         at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:284)
>         at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:155)
>         at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:77)
>         at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:716)
>         at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:1317)
>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:465)
>         at

s1.struts.component.ActionComponentServlet.init(ActionComponentServlet.java:
> 43)
>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:232)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.xc(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.wu(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.u5(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.eg.s9(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.eg.dr(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)
>
> Thanks again! I appreciate 8)
>
> Chris

s1.struts.taglib.component.UseAttributeTag.doStartTag(UseAttributeTag.java:1
> > 28)
> >
> >         at
> > /layout/vboxLayout.jsp._jspService(/layout/vboxLayout.jsp.java:43) (JSP
> page
> > line 10)
> >
> >         at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(JAX)
> >
> >         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.xu(JAX)
> >
> >         at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JAX)
> >
> >         at com.evermind.server.http.d4.s3(JAX)
> >
> >         at com.evermind.server.http.d4.include(JAX)
> >
> >         at com.evermind.server.http.EvermindPageContext.include(JAX)
> >
> >         at

s1.struts.taglib.component.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:6